Computer science is one of the fastest growing fields. A computer science degree will prepare you for successful careers in: software engineering, cyber security (both information and network), web design and development, network and systems administration, intelligent systems, information systems, big data and data mining, programming, app development, human-computer interaction, scientific modeling, biology/chemistry/business informatics, game development, graphics, aerospace simulation, computer engineering, and computing research.
Points of Distinction
- ACM/IEEE- Compliant curriculum
- Research lab with state-of-the-art software development equipment
- Collaborative projects in small classes
- Independent Senior Projects mentored by faculty
- Faculty committed to teaching
- Hands-on experience through the work program
Why this Major?
Computer science is appealing in several ways:
- Creative: demands innovation and imagination
- Constructive: requires careful construction and the testing of solution models
- Collaborative: exploits synergies among specialists working as a team toward a common goal
Work Program Opportunities
Work Program jobs are available in department research, Android App development, Tech Support, IT and Network Administration, and Tech Services Management.
100% of graduates hired in computing fields
Hot Job Outlooks
- Software Engineering and Development
- Information Security
- Computer Systems Administration
- Web Services and App Development
- Information Systems Design and Management
- Game Design and Development
国产偷拍视频Blackburn graduates have gone on to graduate school, with one recent alumnus currently in a Ph. D. program at Kansas. Many graduates become developers or take on customer support roles at companies such as: KarmaK, AT&T, Caterpillar, State Farm Insurance and Label Insight.
Computer science has expanded to include new majors in Game Design and Cyber Security. A new security lab was added for security and forensics related exercises.